I am a Solicitor in our Court of Protection department. I have extensive experience in Court of Protection, having worked for numerous deputies, including three listed at the Court’s Panel of deputies.
I am passionate about working in an area of law where I am looking after clients who don’t have the capacity to manage their own affairs.
I work on complex and high net worth Court of Protection matters. I assist professional deputies with their role in managing clients who have received large personal injury and clinical negligence settlements.
My clients are predominantly those who have suffered a brain injury as a result of personal injury or clinical negligence, and I am able to support them by working with their litigation solicitors, family members, case managers, therapists, investment advisers to ensure they are well looked after, and their financial and physical needs are met.
Outside of work my hobbies include comedy writing, travelling, photography and baking.
I also able to help clients in drafting various types of court applications including:
- Authority to appoint a new deputy (or more than one deputy)
- Authority to sell property and foreign assets
- Trustee act applications for the appointment of property trustees
- Authority to arrange for an equity release application
- Authority to transfer funds to a foreign deputy
- Health and Welfare applications
- Appointment of a litigation friend for Statutory Will matters
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- Member of COPPA
- Affiliate member of STEP
- Member of the Law Society Private Client section
- Dementia friend
- Recipient of a Worldwide Excellence Award from STEP for her distinction grade achieved for the course – STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising Vulnerable Clients (July 2022)
- Member of the Professional Deputies Forum