Advice and guidance on all legal issues relating to IT and telecommunications
- In order to minimise risks when outsourcing IT, it is important that the relevant contract terms are drafted
- To make sure your terms and conditions are compliant with consumer legislation, a thorough understanding of social media and online business regulatory issues is imperative
- If you develop software or mobile apps, suitable limitation clauses and service levels must be in place
- If you are a telecommunications provider and/or reseller its advisable to seek expert advice on regulatory issues and agreements for the supply and purchase of telecommunications services.
As the law that applies to IT and telecommunications is complex, it is important to ensure that any disputes or issues related to IT services and integrated projects are dealt with before becoming a problem for you.
Support from experts with a detailed understanding of the IT and telecommunications industry as well as knowledge of how to successfully drive a deal in this sector can help you successfully run your business.
We can advise you on:
- IT services agreements
- Outsourcing and procurement arrangements
- Telecoms agreements and regulations
- Intellectual property , its creation, protection and enforcement
- Software development
- Distribution, agency and reseller agreements
- Social media and E-Commerce
- Data protection and privacy
- Emerging sectors such as data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Resolving disputes
IT services/outsourcing agreements/technology procurement
It is important that major risk areas are identified, and the relevant contract terms drafted to minimise those risks. With a track record for acting successfully on large projects where IT services or other outsourced services are involved, we can ensure the contract delivers what you expect.
Social media and e-commerce
A thorough understanding of social media and online business regulatory issues, website development and terms is important in ensuring that your terms and conditions are compliant with current consumer legislation: we can advise you on this together with data protection and privacy rules.
Software development and mobile apps
Ensuring that suitable limitation clauses and service levels are in place is important in helping protect you and your business.
We can advise you on the early negotiations, drafting Heads of Terms and the development process, including the need for clear, objective technical specifications, a suitable acceptance testing regime and having relevant warranties to back these up.
If you are a telecommunications provider and/or reseller we can advise you on regulatory issues and agreements for the supply and purchase of telecommunications services, including data services (Broadband, Superfast, FTTC, MPF, SMPF, Ethernet First Mile and Ethernet), hosted services, mobiles and equipment.
Disputes can be expensive and are always an unwelcome distraction to running the business. Taking legal advice at an early stage of a dispute is important, before parties become entrenched in their positions or, even worse, before any actions are taken that could mean legal rights are lost.
Our expertise in contracts means that we can help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your position. We use negotiation, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) to resolve disputes as cost-effectively as possible.
If resolution attempts are unsuccessful we can handle any formal litigation that is necessary to protect your interests.
Why Moore Barlow?
It pays to use expert advisers that are able to switch effortlessly between advising on broad strategy, the detailed specifics of your business, and intellectual property issues or European law, all the while keeping a close eye on potential issues.
Our solicitors are selected for their detailed knowledge of technology, media and telecoms issues, and their unrivalled understanding of what it takes to drive a successful deal in this sector.
We are pragmatic and plain-speaking, able to weigh up the options, advise you of the risks and help you make your decisions with clarity and confidence.
With our expert team based across our offices in London, Richmond, Southampton, Lymington, Guildford and Woking, we’re on hand to offer all the legal support you need.