Arranging financial deals that satisfy borrowers and lenders
- For borrowers and lenders, achieving the financial arrangement is about effective negotiation, accurate information and structuring the right solution.
- There are numerous legal and regulatory checks which agreements must also cover.
- We’ll support you with attention to detail, commercial awareness, clear advice and a will-do approach to your objectives and deadlines.
Whether you’re a business seeking finance or a lender looking to provide it, you probably want the same thing: a deal that is secure, has realistic terms and matches your objectives.
When you’re choosing legal support for seeking or providing finance, it helps to have lawyers who can negotiate productively , knowing when to push for more favourable terms, and when it’s time to accept what’s offered or walk away. The ultimate criterion is always, it must be the best deal for you.
Our experience, ranging from relatively small loans from UK banks to complex cross-border financing, makes us adept not just at negotiating but also all the key aspects involved, such as:
- Carrying out due diligence for borrowers and lenders
- Negotiating, renegotiating and recording deals
- Structuring suitable financial solutions
- Implementing regulatory checks and ensuring compliance
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, and producing final documents
What is corporate banking and finance law?
Corporate banking and finance law refers to the legal regulations and practices governing financial transactions between corporations and financial institutions. This includes laws and regulations related to corporate borrowing, lending, investment banking, and securities. Corporate banking and finance law plays a crucial role in ensuring the stability and integrity of the financial sector.
How Moore Barlow can help
From high street banks, specialist boutiques and private lenders to major financial institutions, we work across jurisdictions to deliver successful financial transactions. You’ll benefit from our commercial awareness and positive, proactive approach to anticipating and dealing with issues and finding solutions.
Financial transactions are invariably driven by deadlines. Our calm, unflustered yet determined response will ease the pressure. No matter how intricate the transaction, our advice will be clearly expressed and refreshingly practical.
By working alongside our corporate lawyers and other specialists across the form, we bring you invaluable experience and wisdom covering a vast range of industry sectors. Talk to us about:
- Debt capital
- Private equity and venture capital
- Asset-based lending
- Acquisition finance
- Property finance
- Project finance
- Joint ventures
- Corporate debt and equity restructuring
Our expert team are based across our offices in London, Southampton, Guildford, Woking, Lymington and Richmond. Contact us for further information.