Our team of expert sports lawyers are vastly experienced and have a proven track record of supporting and delivering for our sports sector clients.
The Moore Barlow sports law team is a leading sports law practice in the United Kingdom. The team is accessible and approachable, explaining often complex legal matters in plain, easy to understand language.
We offer comprehensive support and advise on a wide range of issues, always with a view to assisting our sports sector clients with meeting their strategic objectives.
As a full-service firm operating across several locations throughout the UK, our sports clients benefit from access to high quality and cross-practice legal advice.
We also have a strong international focus, and our lawyers routinely accept instructions from overseas clients, athletes and entities seeking support within the sports sector in respect of matters relating to English law.
Explore how we can help your business
No business ever stands still, especially in the world of sport. To stay ahead of the competition, your business will need to constantly evolve.
With a reputation for one of the UK’s best teams of solicitors advising sporting businesses, we have the depth and breadth of expertise to advise you, no matter what form of support you require.
Our legal services within the sports sector
We can assist you with the following type of work:
- Contract preparation and drafting for players and athletes
- Data protection issues
- Intellectual property – inclusive of image rights and trademark infringement
- Commercial transactions – such as in relation to sponsorship and supplier contracts
- Regulatory issues
- Commercial litigation – including pursuing and defending actions
- Disciplinary proceedings on behalf of or involving and / or against sporting governing bodies
- Private wealth and personal services for athletes, players and other high net worth individuals working within the sector such as will preparation, family law and tax and estate planning
- Employment matters such as regulating the conduct of club employees, preparation of and variations to employment contracts and the management of pre and post termination of employment matters
- Property acquisitions and real estate
- Personal injury and rehabilitation support
- Planning – stadia and ground development
- Support in respect of rural sporting estates – including field sports and in respect of other events
The Whyte Review – a catalyst for change?
We explore the Whyte Review, highlighting its potential to be a catalyst for change in terms of good governance and how it serves as a reminder that sporting national governing bodies must do more to make positive changes to prevent similar failings from occurring again.
Why choose Moore Barlow sports solicitors?
If you want a professional and personal service from experienced sports lawyers, Moore Barlow are here to help. We are recognised by the Legal 500 for providing excellent, proactive, and responsive practice, in addition to ranking in the Chambers and Partners directory and The Times Best Law Firms list.
If you require advice or assistance from sports lawyers, contact our team at Moore Barlow to see if we can help.