I am a senior associate solicitor in the dispute resolution team. I am experienced in advising on a wide range of cases, including and involving commercial contractual disputes, contested debt recovery, corporate shareholder/director disputes, insolvency proceedings and contentious probate matters.
My experience extends to high-value and complex litigation before the High Court in addition to handling claims before the County Court. I enjoy working closely with individuals and businesses to provide clear, strategic and commercial advice in relation to challenging contentious issues. I am conscious of the occasionally daunting and business-critical nature of disputes for some clients, therefore my priority is to ensure that disputes are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible, including through the use of alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation.
I am experienced in handling all types of sports litigation matters, including those involving major sporting governing bodies and in respect of disciplinary proceedings.
I joined Moore Barlow (formerly Barlow Robbins) and the firm’s dispute resolution team in 2018, having trained and qualified at a leading regional law firm in Guildford.
- Acting for a leading supplier of industrial equipment and achieving a successful outcome at trial in respect of a product liability claim against a multinational food company.
- Providing ongoing advisory support and acting for clients in connection with sporting governing body investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
- Providing strategic advice to directors in respect of liability under the Companies Act 2006 and potential claims in connection with a personal guarantee following the insolvency of a company.
- Achieving a substantial settlement for a corporate finance client in respect of sums owed (plus incurred legal costs) arising from a services contract.
- Advising in respect of dispute resolution processes and procedures, including arbitration, in the context of a JCT construction contract.
- Commercial Disputes
- Sports disputes and sporting governing body disciplinary action
- Arbitration (domestic and international)
- Contested debt recovery
Outside of the office
I am a sports enthusiast (I am particularly keen on football and tennis) and I have an interest in history and current affairs.