Meet our expert lawyers who are dedicated in making life better for our clients.
I am the senior partner at Moore Barlow and Chair of the personal injury and clinical division division. I am also one of the partner sponsors for the Diversity and Inclusion committee.
I handle a wide range of personal injury claims related to health and social care cases, and have considerable experience managing inquests and inquiries.
With over thirty years’ experience in the legal profession, my clients are those who have suffered serious injury or disability through no fault of their own.
I help clients with a wide range of personal injury claims and have a special interest in major trauma cases, particularly brain injury, spinal injury and amputations.
I have considerable experience handling inquests and inquiries and was commended by Chambers UK guide for having a “significant reputation” as an “extremely polished performer” offering “high levels of expertise”.
I have been involved in a number of serious and highly publicised investigations that have had substantial national significance, some of which are detailed below.
In 2008, I received the Bar and Law Society’s ‘Rising Star: Advocate In The Face Of Adversity’ award following success in a landmark employer’s liability suicide, heard in the House of Lords.
I also have significant media experience having featured in the print press and on TV, with appearances most notably on BBC Newsnight and Channel 4’s Dispatches.
I joined Moore Blatch in 2015 (now Moore Barlow, May 2020) as a partner, and my work takes me across all of the firm’s offices in order to build relationships with health and social care providers in and around London and the South.
- Westminster attack in 2017
- Croydon tram crash victims when a tram derailed in Sandilands in Croydon in 2016
- Landmark Employer’s Liability Suicide case (House of Lords).
- Representing a number of Thalidomide victims.
- Co-lead lawyer on behalf of 60 Jimmy Savile child abuse victims, reporting on The Pollard Review and Operation Yewtree investigations, as well as liaising with The Dame Janet Smith Review.
- Representing four out of seven of the UK nationals killed after being taken hostage by Al Qaeda at the In Amenas gas plant in Algeria at the beginning of 2013.
- Representing a victim injured in the Paddington rail crash who suffered 80% burns.
- Secured a £9m settlement on behalf of a brain injury survivor.
- Recovered substantial damages for a British Olympic swimmer, who sustained a brain injury in the US and went on to successfully compete in the subsequent Commonwealth Games.
I am co-founder and Chair of the Major Trauma Group and Chair of the Mary Seacole Trust, a charity which promotes social equality. I am a regular lecturer on rehabilitation and pathway support and regularly feature in the media.
- Interview on Vanessa Feltz at Breakfast on BBC Radio London
Accreditations & memberships
- Ex-region secretary for Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Finalist for the Claims Collaboration of the Year award with Insurance Post Claims Awards 2018, UK Diversity Legal Awards Lawyer of the Year 2019, Law Society Highly Commended Lawyer of the Year 2019 and Law Society Highly Commended Legal Personality of the Year 2021
- Member of the International Underwriting Association Rehabilitation Committee, undertaking a review of the Rehabilitation Code
- Personal Injury Claimant Team of the Year 2019
- Highly commended in the Partnership Case of the Year category at the Case Management Society UK’s (CMSUK) Awards 2019
Meet the wider team
We are here to help
Our expert lawyers are here to support you with all your legal needs.
Trevor’s accreditations and memberships
Don’t take our word for it…
Trevor Sterling is a top-notch lawyer who works hard for clients and gets great results. Astute and incisive, Trevor has an enviable caseload of catastrophic injury work.
Legal 500 2024
Trevor has an amazing bedside manner. When he comes into the hospital to meet patients, he makes them feel at ease and gives them all the information without any pressure.
Chambers and Partners 2024
The PI team at Moore Barlow is first class, young and brilliantly created and guided by Trevor Sterling.
Legal 500 2023
Trevor and Eman I want to say thank you to you both for what you have done. You have changed my life and after today it feels that I get a complete fresh start as it been three years of pain. Don’t get me wrong each day is still difficult with my injuries and my mental health but it’s come to the end of a chapter in my life. I do hope you continue to do the best for your clients and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. Good luck for the future and stay safe. All the best and thank you from my family.”
He is a leading light and a dynamic lawyer.
Chambers and Partners, 2021
Trevor Sterling is highly personable and has worked extremely hard to support therapy and rehabilitation services for people who have suffered life-changing traumatic injuries.
He has always impressed me. He clearly has a lot of experience in this field. He is friendly and approachable and shows a great deal of compassion and understanding of what major trauma means to the person involved.
Trevor is inspirational in his approach to working with defendants to implement case management as early as possible. It is very refreshing to work with a lawyer who has full respect for case management and a willingness to work with us. This doesn’t only benefit the client. I see Trevor’s approach right across the firm with other lawyers and everyone I have dealt with.