I handle a wide range of personal injury claims related to health and social care cases, and have considerable experience managing inquests and inquiries.
With over thirty years’ experience in the legal profession, my clients are those who have suffered serious injury or disability through no fault of their own.
I help clients with a wide range of personal injury claims and have a special interest in major trauma cases, particularly brain injury, spinal injury and amputations.
I have considerable experience handling inquests and inquiries and was commended by Chambers UK guide for having a “significant reputation” as an “extremely polished performer” offering “high levels of expertise”.
I have been involved in a number of serious and highly publicised investigations that have had substantial national significance, some of which are detailed below.
In 2008, I received the Bar and Law Society’s ‘Rising Star: Advocate In The Face Of Adversity’ award following success in a landmark employer’s liability suicide, heard in the House of Lords.
I also have significant media experience having featured in the print press and on TV, with appearances most notably on BBC Newsnight and Channel 4’s Dispatches.
I joined Moore Blatch in 2015 (now Moore Barlow, May 2020) as a partner, and my work takes me across all of the firm’s offices in order to build relationships with health and social care providers in and around London and the South.
- Landmark Employer’s Liability Suicide case (House of Lords).
- Representing a number of Thalidomide victims.
- Co-lead lawyer on behalf of 60 Jimmy Savile child abuse victims, reporting on The Pollard Review and Operation Yewtree investigations, as well as liaising with The Dame Janet Smith Review.
- Representing four out of seven of the UK nationals killed after being taken hostage by Al Qaeda at the In Amenas gas plant in Algeria at the beginning of 2013.
- Representing a victim injured in the Paddington rail crash who suffered 80% burns.
- Secured a £1m settlement on behalf of a leg amputee.
- Recovered substantial damages for a British Olympic swimmer, who sustained a brain injury in the US and went on to successfully compete in the subsequent Commonwealth Games.
I am a regular lecturer on rehabilitation and pathway support. I am also a school governor and member of various trade union committees where I help to promote equal opportunities.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Ex-region secretary for Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Trustee of Headway South West London
- Currently on the International Underwriting Association of London Rehabilitation Committee, undertaking a review of the Rehabilitation Code