MooreSure employment claims protection
Employment – a risky business
Statistics published by the Ministry of Justice at the end of 2020 recorded a 25% increase in employment tribunal claims brought by individuals compared to a year ago.
Unfortunately, employers are needing to take action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in terms of dismissals and changes to working conditions that is placing them at increased risk of litigation.
What is MooreSure employment claims protection?
Moore Barlow has developed MooreSure insurance cover that can be adapted to your business needs. MooreSure provides a practical and cost-effective way to manage future risk of employment claims from workers with our flexible insurance cover.
Clients receiving advice from the our employment solicitors are able to take out cover to protect against their legal costs and settlement, compensation or damages awards against them arising from a dispute with a worker.
Cover is triggered from receipt of the ACAS conciliation notification or when a claim is issued in the Employment Tribunal.
Flexibility tailored to the needs of your business
MooreSure is tailor-made to the size of your business, your internal HR resource and your staffing requirements.
We will work with you to identify which level of cover best suits your business. We can structure the policy to suit your needs and premium requirements.
Some of the most common choices are as follows:
- You may only want cover for your legal fees.
- You may want cover for awards and settlements but choose to cover your own representation costs.
- Policy excesses can be tailored, along with indemnity limits and level of cover on a bespoke basis.
- Disputes in respect of directors can be excluded in order to reduce premium levels if clients do not perceive this to be an exposure.
Types of claim – comprehensive legal cover
Your cover will include Employment Tribunal claims brought against you for:
- unfair and wrongful dismissal;
- constructive dismissal;
- breach of contract;
- redundancy claims;
- trade union disputes;
You may also choose to cover:
- claims relating to any legal dispute arising from a breach of restrictive covenants;
- health and safety criminal prosecutions;
- data protection prosecutions.
Contact one of our partners the employment team or complete the quotation form.
For more information about courts and employment tribunals, find out more here.
We can provide a premium indication once we understand:
- the size of your business;
- number of workers you wish to cover;
- your claims history over the last 3 years;
- and any cover requests you may have.