Having a background in general litigation involving property, civil and commercial matters, I also deal with disputes about wills, trusts and estates including cases involving:
- Financial provisions claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- challenges to the validity of a will involving testamentary capacity, want of knowledge and approval and undue influence;
- the administration of estates and trusts;
- proprietary estoppel claims;
- claims involving executors and trustees for breach of duty and removal of executors and trustees;
- Trusts of land (TOLATA)
- professional negligence arising from negligent will drafting or estate administration.
I work closely with clients to help them resolve disputes through the courts where required or by using alternative dispute resolution routes such as mediation.
I act for private individuals, trustees, professional and lay executors, and charities in a range of matters and issues.
I have two young daughters who occupy most of my free time although if opportunity allows I enjoy playing and sport (golf and tennis) and travelling.
Accreditations & Memberships
- ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate solicitors) (2013)
- CTA (Contentious Trusts Association)
- Bournemouth & District Law society