- Sales and purchases of farms and estates
- Agricultural tenancies , succession planning and proposed tenancy reform
- Diversification enterprises on farms and estates
- Wind energy options and leases
- Agricultural secured lending
I have over 30 years experience in private practice in advising farms and estates on a wide number of matters relating to farming and rural business. I was also a former Chief Legal Adviser to the CLA and have extensive contacts throughout the agricultural industry. I currently sit on the CLA Legal and Property Rights Committee and have close contacts in NFU, TFA and CAAV. I have written and lectured on a wide range of subjects relating to rural property and consistently featured as a Leader in previous guides.
My specialisms include sales and purchases of farms and estates, agricultural tenancies including surrenders and re-grants and succession planning, diversification issues, sporting rights, wind farm options, filming location agreements, estate audits, agricultural property relief and agricultural secured lending.
I have a wide range of clients and contacts in all areas of agriculture and the rural environment and work well with accountants agents and other professional advisers to provide a complete advisory service to the rural land owner both in respect of agriculture and wider commercial diversification. I can think outside the box and bring a fresh insight into estate structures and vehicles and estate planning
Accreditations & Memberships
- Membership of CLA ,TFA, CAAV and Agricultural law Association
- Liveryman City of London Solicitors Company
- Member CLA Legal and Property Rights Committee