Understanding your entitlement to a personal health budget
- If you are entitled to NHS continuing healthcare, then you are also entitled to a personal health budget.
- A personal health budget is a sum of money allocated by the NHS to fund care and support for those with long-term health needs.
- Introduced in April 2014, personal health budgets mean you can receive payments directly to cover your care.
- Our legal support services surrounding personal health budgets can ensure you receive the funding you are entitled to.
Committed to helping you gain access to health care funding
A personal health budget allows you to decide how you want your care delivered and by whom, giving you independence, control and choice.
However, you may find it challenging to receive the care that is right for you. This is because not all Clinical Commissioning Groups have embraced this new way of providing healthcare services as they have still to develop a suitable process for setting an appropriate budget to meet an individual’s needs.
At Moore Barlow, we can help you gain access to the personal health budget that is best suited to your needs.
We offer legal support services in this area including:
- Free case assessment
- Advice on entitlement to NHS continuing care
- Identification of care needs
- Access to independent care / occupational therapy experts
- All advocacy services
- Negotiation of budget to meet all care needs
- Appeals and reviews
- Care and support planning