Specialist advice from divorce and family law experts in the Southampton area
If the time comes when a marriage or serious relationship ends, there can be many challenges to overcome and decisions needed, all at one of the most stressful times in your life. If you’re considering separation or divorce, or have issues or disputes within your family that need some help to resolve, you can get expert legal advice and support from our family law solicitors in Southampton.
Specialist divorce solicitors in Southampton can help ensure that your interests are protected at what can be an incredibly difficult time, helping you to make informed decisions when required and making sure that you are professionally represented by expert family solicitors in Southampton in whatever capacity is needed.
Getting a divorce or dissolving a civil partnership can lead to lots of changes in many different areas of your life; you can rely on our divorce lawyers in Southampton to provide the practical and legal advice when needed to help you make those decisions at what can be an emotionally-charged time.
In addition to our divorce lawyers in Southampton, our family law team also offer a full range of services to help deal with other family-related issues you might have, including, but not limited to:
- Southampton family mediation – family mediation in Southampton is an option to resolve a family law issue without the need to go to court.
- Family arbitration – which could be another alternative to court proceedings if you need to resolve a family dispute.
- Legal issues about your children – our child law solicitors in Southampton can assist with any legal problems concerning children, such as abduction by a parent or family member or child living arrangements.
- Surrogacy – there are many steps to surrogacy, and you can benefit from having expert legal advice along the way, which is where our surrogacy lawyers can help.
- Cohabitation agreements – if you’re moving in with or buying a property with someone you are not married to, our family law Southampton team can help create an agreement to protect your interests, if required.
- Same sex relationship legal matters – a Moore Barlow family lawyer in Southampton can assist with issues including those concerning children, divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership.
- Pre-nups or post-nups – our family solicitors in Southampton can help with drafting pre- or post-nuptial agreements that can help a couple deal with financial and other matters if they do split up in the future.
- International family issues – when a family legal matter crosses international boundaries, there can be complexities. Our team of family lawyers in Southampton have the necessary experience in international family law to assist with cases such as these.
Why choose Moore Barlow’s family law team in Southampton?
If you’re looking for a specialist family or divorce solicitor in Southampton, our team can offer the benefit of our many years of experience in this field. Legal issues involving family or former partners can be very challenging to encounter and deal with, so our team always work with a compassionate and diligent approach, aiming to achieve the best possible outcome for you in the circumstances.
Along with our family law solicitors in Southampton, we also have teams working across our other offices in London, Richmond, Woking, Lymington and Guildford. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.