Specialist advice from divorce and family law experts in the Southampton area
We understand that when a marriage or relationship breaks down, it can be a very difficult time for all involved, including the wider family. There are important decisions that need to be made and it can be very challenging to make clear choices at such a stressful time.
Our team of family and divorce lawyers in Southampton and Hampshire have a wealth of experience in helping our clients navigate the process of separation or divorce, ensuring that your interests are protected throughout.
You may be experiencing other family disputes which you need help to resolve, perhaps regarding children. Our expert family team offer unrivalled advice in this area and can give specialist support at what can be a very emotional time.
Why Moore Barlow?
Getting a divorce or dissolving a civil partnership can lead to lots of changes in many different areas of your life; you can rely on our divorce lawyers in Southampton to provide the practical and legal advice when needed to help you make those decisions at what can be an emotionally-charged time.
Fully trained to skilfully deal with any kind of family dispute or issues you may be going through, our team of family law solicitors in Southampton and Hampshire can help you with a number of different problems regarding divorce and separation. They have years of experience helping families find solutions that every party is happy with.
We have a wide range of divorce and separation services which include, but are not limited to:
- Divorce – providing you with expert legal advice and assisting you to navigate the unfamiliar divorce or civil partnership dissolution process.
- Family mediation – family mediation in Southampton is an option to resolve a family law issue without the need to go to court, we have solicitors who are specially trained as mediators and will help you to solve any disputes more amicably than through court proceedings.
- Collaborative law – many of our family lawyers are collaborative practitioners who will work with you and commit to resolving matters for you and your family in meetings which mean you don’t need to go to court.
- Legal issues about your children – our child law solicitors in Southampton can assist with any legal problems concerning children, such as abduction by a parent or family member or child living arrangements.
Other family services we offer in Southampton
Sometimes there are situations which require a more specialist skillset and level of experience, as every case is different and can become quite complex. In these scenarios our family lawyers in Southampton and Hampshire can help provide you with the support you need. These types of services include:
- Child abduction issues – our child law solicitors in Southampton can help if a child is taken by a parent or family member without permission.
- Surrogacy – there are many steps to surrogacy, and you can benefit from having expert legal advice along the way, which is where our surrogacy lawyers can help.
- Same sex relationship legal matters – a Moore Barlow family lawyer in Southampton can assist with issues concerning divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership.
- Pre-nups or post-nups – our family solicitors in Southampton can help with drafting pre- or post-nuptial agreements that can help a couple deal with their financial and other matters if they do split up in the future.
- Cohabitation agreements – if you’re moving in with or buying a property with someone you are not married to, our family law Southampton team can help create an agreement to protect your interests, if required.
Our international family services
You may require the help of someone with knowledge of international laws and how they could affect the outcome of your case. In some cases, when a family legal matter crosses international boundaries, there can be complexities. Our team of family lawyers in Southampton have the necessary experience in international family law to assist with cases such as these.
Why choose Moore Barlow’s family law team in Southampton?
If you’re looking for a specialist family or divorce solicitor in Southampton, our team can offer the benefit of our many years of experience in this field. Legal issues involving family or former partners can be very challenging to encounter and deal with, so our team always work with a compassionate and diligent approach, aiming to achieve the best possible outcome for you in the circumstances.
Along with our family law solicitors in Southampton, we also have teams working across our other offices in London, Richmond, Guildford, Lymington and Woking. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.