Are you eligible to have your care and accommodation funded by the NHS?

  • Whether you are elderly or disabled, if you have a primary health need you may be entitled to have your care and accommodation funded entirely by the NHS.
  • NHS continuing care is the term used to describe a package of care arranged and funded entirely by the NHS for individuals who are not in hospital but have complex on-going healthcare needs.
  • Eligibility is not based on diagnosis but depends on whether on-going care needs are complex, intense and/or unpredictable.

Committed to helping you obtain access to the care you deserve

Many people are wrongly denied NHS continuing care which can be extremely frustrating, especially if you have been through an NHS continuing healthcare assessment. If you find yourself in this position, you may be wondering where to turn next.

Alternatively, you may be applying for assessment for the first time.

Whatever your situation, taking expert legal advice is important in helping ensure you receive the care you require. The two-stage formal assessment process is complex, meaning knowledge of the national framework is essential.

Our support can help you ensure you receive the right care. We can assist with retrospective claims, applications for continuing care, advocacy at assessments, local appeals, independent review panels and ombudsman inquiries. We also provide support at annual reviews.

We have offices in Southampton, London, Richmond, Woking, Lymington and Guildford and we operate nationally.

For a free initial assessment download our questionnaire and send to Mea North

If you have a disability as a result of medical negligence or personal injury our specialist teams may be able to assist you in investigating and taking forward a compensation claim. For a no obligation discussion contact Tim Spring (medical negligence) or Damian Horan (personal injury).


View our “NHS Continuing Care” factsheet.

Contact our solicitors

Get in touch with our legal experts for advice.