Orthopaedic injuries and medical negligence claims
- Unfortunately, orthopaedic injuries linked to medical negligence are relatively common.
- We have vast experience in dealing with these claims.
What is orthopaedic surgery?
Orthopaedic surgery or orthopaedics is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system such as the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Surgical and nonsurgical methods are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat a range of orthopaedic injuries.
Medical negligence claims relating to orthopaedic injuries are common place. Wrongly treated or misdiagnosed orthopaedic injuries can be devastating and can often lead to life-changing disabilities. It is not just major injuries that can have harmful effects if not treated appropriately, as even minor fractures can have serious consequences.
Medical negligence claims are wide ranging. Common threads include the consent process along with the misdiagnosis and mismanagement of orthopaedic conditions, particularly fractures, cauda equina syndrome and compartment syndrome. Misdiagnosed hip disorders in infants is also a common cause.
Examples of orthopaedic medical negligence claims include:
- Delayed diagnosis of fractures or dislocations
- Misdiagnosis or mistreatment of fractures or dislocations
- Surgical errors
- Errors during joint replacement surgery
- Mistreatment or delayed diagnosis of orthopaedic or post-operative infections
- Nerve damage
- Damage to tendons or ligaments
- Equipment malfunction
- Incorrect size of joint replacement or prosthesis
- Misdiagnosed hip dysplasia
Every case will be different depending on the facts. We have vast experience of dealing with various orthopaedic claims. We have established links with the very best medico legal experts in the fields of orthopaedics who we can call upon to help with your claim.
Rebuilding your life
Our aim is to help rebuild your life by obtaining interim payments of compensation to assist you with:
- Aids and equipment
- Care support
- Therapeutic services
- Case management
Some people who suffer from orthopaedic injuries require support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can assist you and can work closely with you. These include:
- Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need
- Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help
- Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy
- Charities and support groups
If you think you have suffered due to medical negligence, you or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can begin work on your claim the sooner we can begin to help you.
We can advise you on your benefit rights and also advise on dealing with debts which might arise due to you being off work. Our specialist Community care team can also provide advice and support in relation to your ongoing entitlement to health and social care provision and support at home or in the community.
If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.