Loss of a limb as a result of medical negligence
- Loss of a limb is a life changing injury affecting all aspects of life.
- If you have required surgical amputation of a limb due to negligent medical treatment, we will help you obtain the compensation needed to rebuild your life and independence.
- Compensation will help secure your financial and care needs and in particular will ensure you are able to fund the best prosthetics for you for the life you wish to lead.
- We have established relationships with renowned medical, rehabilitation and prosthetic experts to help us secure the best outcome on your behalf.
An amputation may arise as a result of:
- Surgical errors
- Poor diabetic care
- Inadequately treated infections
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer
Our team of specialist amputation claim solicitors will provide you with the expert legal advice and guidance to obtain the compensation you deserve and also provide much needed practical and emotional support throughout the amputation claims process.
There are cases where loss of a limb has resulted from medical negligence amputation. No one case is the same. Common examples include:
- Delay in diagnosis and treatment
- Surgical error or substandard surgical technique
- Amputation of the wrong limb.
Loss of a limb is a life changing injury which inevitably will affect all aspects of life. It can have extensive psychological, physical and financial complications for both the individual and their family. Amputees will inevitably have substantial and complex needs which is why there is such a need for amputation injury claims.
We have long-standing relationships with many recognised medical experts in areas related to the loss of limbs and amputation clinical negligence. We always ensure that the medical evidence available in your case is of the highest standard and that the experts instructed have the expertise and experience necessary to effectively support your amputation claim.
As well as offering high quality legal advice and representation, we can provide you with access to professional support services. Where necessary, this includes an ‘immediate needs assessment’ service designed to identify any additional help and support you may need.
We will seek interim payments during the early stages of the case, in instances where liability is resolved, in order to gain early access to treatment, high quality prosthetics, support and the assistance you need to help you with your recovery. This could include:
- Aids and equipment
- Care support
- Therapeutic services
- Case management.
What benefits can I claim after leg amputation?
We can advise you on your benefit rights as well as dealing with any debts you may have as a due to being off work. Our specialist Community care team can also provide advice and support in relation to your ongoing entitlement to health and social care provision and support at home or in the community.
Many people require some support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can advise and support you.
If you think you may have suffered an injury as a result of medical negligence amputation, you or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can commence work on your claim the sooner we can begin to assist you. If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of clinical negligence please contact Anne Cassidy.
We have offices in London, Richmond, Southampton, Woking, Guildford and Lymington and our expert team deal with clients throughout the country. We will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.