- Occasionally, disorders and diseases of the digestive system can be worsened or even caused as a result of negligence.
- We can advise whether problems are likely to have been caused by negligence and whether a claim for compensation can be considered.
Gastroenterology related diseases and disorders cover medical problems associated with the entire digestive system from excess wind to liver cancer.
Gastroenterology is concerned with disorders and diseases of the digestive system, including the liver, stomach and intestines. Examples of these disorders and diseases can include but are not limited to:
- Bowel Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Diverticular disease
- Faecal incontinence
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Perianal diseases
- Twisted bowel
Medical care for gastroenterology related disorders can range from diet plans to surgery which can be extremely urgent. Lifestyle changes may be required for many disorders.
Gastroenterology disorders can be disabling. However, if they were caused or worsened as a result of the negligence of your healthcare provider you may be able to claim compensation to help you with your disability.
You could be eligible for compensation if:
- You have been delayed treatment as a result of late diagnosis where you believe the condition ought to have be diagnosed earlier;
- you have suffered as a result of poor management of your condition;
- You have encountered problems with or suffered side effects from your medication for your digestive disorder.
How Moore Barlow can help
Many people who suffer from the effects of gastroenterology disorders require some support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can help you and can work closely with you including:
- Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;
- Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;
- Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.
If you think you have you have suffered due to negligence, you or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can begin work on your claim the sooner we can begin to help you. Whilst dealing with your claim, our specialist community care team can also provide advice on your entitlement to health and social care support at home whilst your claim is being progressed.
If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Anne Cassidy.
Our expert team are based across our offices in London, Southampton, Lymington, Richmond, Woking and Guildford. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.