Ear, nose and throat (ENT) medical negligence claims
- Substandard care and treatment does occasionally occur when treating ENT conditions.
- We offer wide ranging support for individuals who may have suffered medical negligence.
Ear, nose or throat (ENT) surgeons (also known as Otorhinolaryngologists) are surgical specialists who diagnose and treat a wide range of diseases and conditions of the head and neck, including the ear nose and throat regions. These include:
- ear conditions
- Nose conditions
- Throat conditions
- Head and neck conditions
- Facial cosmetic surgery
ENT surgeons undertake many different surgical procedures including:
- Insertion of grommets for glue ear
- Tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils) or adenoidectomy (removal of adenoids)
- Septoplasty, correction of nasal septum to prevent obstruction and enable clear breathing
- Microlaryngoscopy, a short metal tube (laryngoscope) is inserted into the larynx (voice box). This is used for examination and can also be used to perform a biopsy or surgery
- Oesophagoscopy, a long metal or flexible tube (oesophagoscope) is inserted through the mouth into the oesophagus
- Endoscopic sinus surgery, where a tiny telescope is inserted into the nasal passages to diagnose and treat difficult sinus conditions
- Tympanomastoid surgery to reconstruct and remove epithelial inclusions (cholesteatoma) within the middle ear
- Open operations to remove neck lumps, and salivary gland tumours
Treatment for ear, nose and throat conditions can result in a variety of claims resulting from substandard treatment and care. These can include:
- Damage to the facial or optical nerves during surgery causing facial paralysis, facial weakness or loss of vision
- Brain damage
- Damage to nasal receptors during surgery resulting in loss of smell
- Damage to eye sockets and other facial structures during surgery
- Loss of hearing due to mistreatment of cholesteatoma or delay/failure to treat problems
- Mistreatment of inner ear conditions including tinnitus
Whilst dealing our specialist Community care team can also advise on your entitlement to health and social care support at home whilst pursuing your claim.
We may be able to help you with a claim for compensation where you have suffered as a result of negligence. If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.