Expert advice from specialist family and divorce law solicitors in the Woking area.
We understand that when a marriage or relationship breaks down, it can be a very difficult time for all involved, including the wider family. There are important decisions that need to be made and it can be very challenging to make clear choices at such a stressful time.
Our team of skilled family lawyers in Woking have a wealth of experience and can assist with specialist legal advice to help protect your interests and give you the support needed to help you through this challenging time.
Family law covers a variety of situations and disputes, from separation and divorce to issues surrounding children. Our team of family lawyers can provide you with the help and support you need, offering expert advice and sympathetic support.
Why Moore Barlow?
Whatever your situation, it can be a difficult time both emotionally and practically for all involved so it is therefore important that you are able to make informed decisions about how to move forwards and find some resolution.
Our experienced family team in Woking can ensure that you have the right legal advice when you need it, allowing you to make the best possible choices for the future.
In most situations, our family solicitors help guide people through disputes relating to divorce, separation and issues surrounding children. Our services include:
- Divorce – if you’re contemplating divorce or your spouse has communicated that they want to start divorce proceedings, it’s essential that you take legal advice as soon as possible. Our divorce lawyers in Woking can help with timely support.
- Family mediation – many of our divorce and family law solicitors are trained in family mediation and can provide you with a less confrontational way to resolve a dispute that means you can avoid going through the court system.
- Collaborative law – many of our family lawyers are collaborative practitioners who will work with you and commit to resolving matters for you and your family in meetings which mean you don’t need to go to court.
- Legal issues concerning your children – our child law solicitors in Woking have experience in dealing with issues such as child living arrangements, abduction by a parent or family member and many other aspects of family law related to children.
Other family services we offer in Woking
However, there are other, more complicated, family issues that can lead to expensive and time consuming legal proceedings. These require the help of specialist solicitors that are experienced in this field and can help to both prevent these problems and assist you in the event that they arise. These include:
- Child abduction issues – our child law solicitors can help if a child is taken by a parent or family member without permission.
Surrogacy – there are many steps to surrogacy, and you can benefit from having expert legal advice along the way, which is where our surrogacy lawyers can help.
- Pre-nup and post-nup agreements – our family and divorce solicitors in Woking can help draft pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreements that can help to protect your interests if the marriage breaks down at any point in the future.
- Same sex relationships – whether you’re in a same sex relationship that is ending or have a family issue or dispute, our legal team have a great deal of expertise in this area of law.
- Cohabitation agreements – If you’re considering buying property with someone that you’re not married to, it can sometimes cause issues down the line if the relationship ends. A cohabitation agreement drafted by our experienced team can help remove any ambiguity and clearly set out what should happen in this instance.
Our international family services
There are some situations in which you may require the help of someone with knowledge of international laws and how they could affect the outcome of your case. If there are people living in different countries involved in a family dispute or divorce, it can add a layer of complexity to any legal matters.
Our family and divorce lawyers in Woking are specialists and have experience with international family and divorce law.
Why choose Moore Barlow’s family law team in Woking?
Any legal issue or dispute involving family members or a former partner can be very difficult to deal with, so our approach is always one of compassion and diligence. Our family and divorce solicitors in Woking working hard to help protect your interests and achieve the best possible outcome for you, whatever the circumstances.
Along with our family law solicitors in Woking, we also have teams working across our other offices in London, Richmond, Southampton, Guildford and Lymington. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.