Divorce & Family Law Solicitors, Guildford
Specialist advice from experts in divorce and family law in the Guildford area
We understand that when a marriage or relationship breaks down, it can be a very difficult time for all involved, including the wider family. There are important decisions that need to be made and it can be challenging to make clear choices at such a stressful time.
Our team of skilled family lawyers in Guildford have a wealth of experience and can assist with specialist legal advice to help protect your interests and give you the support needed to help you through the process.
Family law covers a variety of situations and disputes, from separation and divorce to issues surrounding children. Our Guildford family lawyers can provide you with the help and support you need, offering expert advice and sympathetic support.
Why Moore Barlow?
Whatever your situation, it can be a difficult time both emotionally and practically for all involved, it is therefore important that you are able to make informed decisions about how to move forwards and find some resolution.
Our experienced family in Guildford can ensure you that have right legal advice when you need it, allowing you to make the best possible choices for the future.
Our family solicitors in Guildford can help guide people through disputes relating to divorce, separation and issues surrounding children. Our services include:
- Divorce – whether you’re considering divorce, or your spouse has told you that they want to divorce, you’ll need expert divorce lawyers in Guildford to help look after your interests as you navigate the process.
- Family mediation – family mediation is a voluntary process parties can enter into which can help resolve the issues without needing to go to court. Our Guildford family law solicitors are trained as mediators if you so wish to use this option.
- Collaborative law – many of our family lawyers are collaborative practitioners who will work with you and commit to resolving matters for you and your family in meetings which mean you don’t need to go to court.
- Legal issues concerning your children – our child lawyers in Guildford can help you with matters such as child living arrangements after separation or divorce, and child abduction by a parent or another family member.
Our team of family law solicitors
Other family services we offer in Guildford
In some cases the legal assistance required is more complex. When dealing with particular disputes involving family law, it is extremely important to get the help of a specialist solicitor. Some of the more specific areas of expertise and services we offer are:
- Child abduction issues – our child law solicitors in Guildford can help if a child is taken by a parent or family member without permission.
- Surrogacy – there are many steps to surrogacy, and you can benefit from having expert legal advice along the way, which is where our surrogacy lawyers can help.
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements – a Moore Barlow family and divorce lawyer in Guildford can help you with pre-nup or post-nup agreements that are designed to help protect your interests if the marriage breaks down in the future.
- Same sex relationship legal matters – whether you are considering a divorce or civil partnership dissolution, wish to expand your family to include children or have any other legal concerns or disputes, our family lawyers in Guildford can help.
- Cohabitation agreements – A cohabitation agreement, for those living together who are not married, can help address any potential legal issues in event that the relationship breaks down at any point in the future.
Our international family services
There are some situations in which you may require the help of someone with knowledge of international family law aspects and how they could affect the outcome of your case. In some instances, if one of the parties involved in a divorce or family dispute lives in another country, this can make the legal process more complex.
Our family and divorce law solicitors in Guildford have extensive experience in international law.
Why choose a Moore Barlow family lawyer in Guildford?
Whenever disputes arise within families or when a break-down of a marriage occurs, it can be a very tough period to navigate, especially when there are decisions to be made and you are not sure exactly what to expect or how to make sure your interests are protected. Our family law team in Guildford are ideally placed to offer all the specialist support that you need to help find a way forward.
As well as our team of UK and international family solicitors in Guildford, we also have teams working across our other offices in London, Richmond, Southampton, Lymington and Woking. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.
Contact our family team
Our family and divorce law insights
Our team accreditations
I have felt very comfortable dealing with them despite the difficulty of the situation and have welcomed their calm, objective and outcome-oriented advice and work.
Chambers and Partners
Highly effective, polished, and impressive. Remarkably calm under any pressure, it would seem. More than capable of the biggest cases. A winning combination of judgement, intelligence, client care, and astute tactics.
There are a number of key individuals who are impressive to deal with when dealing with complex financial matters. The team work well together and appear to deliver a strong service to clients. Many of the team are professional to deal with and have specialist expertise in dealing with high-net-worth individuals.