Divorce & family law solicitors, Richmond
Expert advice from specialist family solicitors in the Richmond area
We understand that when a marriage or relationship breaks down, it can be a very difficult time for all involved, including the wider family. There are important decisions that need to be made and it can be very challenging to make clear choices at such a stressful time.
Our team of family and divorce lawyers in Richmond have a wealth of experience in helping our clients navigate the process of separation or divorce, ensuring that your interests are protected throughout.
You may be dealing with other family disputes which you need help to resolve, perhaps regarding children. Our expert family team offer unrivalled advice in this area and can give specialist support at what can be a very emotional time.
What is family law?
Family law is a specialised area of legal practice that deals with legal issues related to families, such as divorce, child custody, adoption, and domestic violence.
What is divorce?
Divorce is a legal process that formally ends a marriage, allowing the couple to legally separate and dissolve their marital obligations and rights.
Why Moore Barlow?
Whatever the family issue or dispute, it’s important that you can make informed decisions about how to move forwards and how to find some resolution. Our experienced team of family lawyers in Richmond can help ensure that you have expert legal advice when you need it, so that you can make the best possible choices for the future.
Our lawyers have a wide range of experience across many different specialisms, with many of our family solicitors trained in the collaborative practice and as mediators who can help you reach a resolution outside of court.
We have a wide range of divorce and separation services which include, but are not limited to:
- Divorce – providing you with expert legal advice and assisting you through the divorce or civil partnership dissolution process.
- Family mediation – our trained and experienced mediators can provide you with a less confrontational process of dispute resolution, one that can achieve an out of court settlement and help reach an outcome for you and your family.
- Collaborative law – many of our family lawyers are collaborative practitioners who will work with you and commit to resolving matters for you and your family in meetings which mean you don’t need to go to court.
- Legal issues concerning your children – our family lawyers in Richmond can help with a range of disputes, such as the living arrangements for children after divorce or separation, or what to do in the case of child abduction by a parent or other family member.
Our team of family law solicitors
Other family services we offer in Richmond
There are other family law related conflicts and legal issues that can arise in the area of family law. These require the help and assistance of legal professionals who have specialist knowledge, such as our family law solicitors in Richmond. Our specialisms in this area include:
- Child abduction issues – our child law solicitors in Richmond can help if a child is taken by a parent or family member without permission.
- Surrogacy – there are many steps to surrogacy and having the benefit of expert legal advice along the way is a necessity. This is where our surrogacy lawyers can help.
- Same sex relationship issues – our specialist Richmond family lawyers have extensive experience with same sex relationship legal matters, including relationships in respect of children, divorce or civil partnership dissolution.
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements – a Richmond family lawyer from our team can draft pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreements to help protect your interests and assets in the event that you separate or divorce.
- Cohabitation agreements – moving in with or buying a home with someone that you are not married to can result in legal complexities if you split up. Our team can draft comprehensive cohabitation agreements to help ensure you are protected.
Our international family services
Apart from the domestic legal issues, there may be situations in which you require the help of someone with knowledge of international aspects of divorce and how they could affect the outcome of your case. Our family and divorce solicitors in Richmond have experience in navigating complex legal family issues and disputes that cross international borders.
How we can help
Our team of experienced family and divorce solicitors in Richmond is dedicated to providing comprehensive support and guidance during what can often be a challenging and emotional time. We understand the complexities of divorce and family law matters, and we are committed to helping our clients navigate through every step of the process. From initial consultations to representing your interests in negotiations and court proceedings, our solicitors are skilled in finding practical and effective solutions tailored to your individual circumstances. With our expertise and compassionate approach, we strive to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Who we help
Our family and divorce law solicitors in Richmond are experienced in dealing with a wide range of clients, including individuals seeking divorce or separation, couples in need of child custody arrangements, and individuals facing financial disputes. We provide tailored legal advice to help our clients navigate these challenging situations.
Why choose Moore Barlow’s family and divorce lawyers in Richmond?
If you’re looking for a specialist Richmond divorce lawyer or family law expert, our team have many years of experience and can offer specialist advice and support. We always approach every case with compassion and diligence, with attention to detail which helps us to consistently achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients in what can be very difficult and complex circumstances.
Contact us today for expert advice on family and divorce matters. Our experienced team of divorce and family law solicitors in Richmond is here to guide and support you through challenging times. Call us or email to arrange a consultation and find out how we can assist you.
Along with our Richmond divorce lawyers and family law solicitors, we also have teams working across our other offices in London, Southampton, Guildford, Lymington and Woking. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.
Contact our family team
Our family and divorce law insights
Our team accreditations
Moore Barlow is a highly reputable outfit offering an impressive team of lawyers acting on high-value, complex financial disputes arising out of marriage or relationship breakdown. The team demonstrates particular experience in matters involving corporate assets, properties, inherited wealth and trusts both in the UK and offshore. It also acts on complex private law children cases with a particular focus on child arrangement orders and relocation cases. The firm has additional experience in high-value nuptial agreements, TOLATA proceedings and pension arrangements.
Chambers & Partners
Moore Barlow are the go-to family team in the area, offering strength in depth. They work collaboratively with each other on cases and ensure that cases are appropriately allocated in accordance with their complexity. The firm is capable of dealing with HNW cases involving complex financial structures, including trust and companies here and abroad. Having other departments with in-house expertise in relation to trusts, companies, wills and other private wealth services enhances the service they provide to clients.
I have felt very comfortable dealing with them despite the difficulty of the situation and have welcomed their calm, objective and outcome-oriented advice and work.
Chambers and Partners
Highly effective, polished, and impressive. Remarkably calm under any pressure, it would seem. More than capable of the biggest cases. A winning combination of judgement, intelligence, client care, and astute tactics.
There are a number of key individuals who are impressive to deal with when dealing with complex financial matters. The team work well together and appear to deliver a strong service to clients. Many of the team are professional to deal with and have specialist expertise in dealing with high-net-worth individuals.
The team are all very approachable, they offer excellent client service. They provide client’s with realistic and pragmatic advice. They manage their client’s expectations. It is great having them on the other side as they are easy to work with and want to achieve what is best for the clients and their family.