We will identify whether you have been unfairly dismissed from your job, and, if so, help you fight to have this compensated.
- If your employment has been terminated, it’s possible you have been unfairly dismissed.
- It’s important to have expert legal advice as soon as possible, to check if your dismissal was unfair or if your employer acted unreasonably.
- We will examine the facts, make sure you have the right advice, and if you have a valid claim, our unfair dismissal solicitors will ensure it’s made within the deadline.
Losing your job is upsetting; it can be even more stressful if you believe you have been unfairly dismissed. It’s important to identify whether this is the case as soon as possible, as there is a time limit from the date of your dismissal, to bring this type of claim.
You should talk to our expert unfair dismissal solicitors at the earliest opportunity, so they can give you clear advice about your current position and the options available to you.
Have I been unfairly dismissed?
Your employer needs to be able to prove that the principal reason for your dismissal was one of the following:-
- your capability or qualifications for performing work of the kind which you were employed to do;
- your conduct;
- that you were redundant;
- that you could not continue to work in the position you held, without contravening a duty or restriction that was imposed by or under an enactment; or
- there was some other substantial reason to justify your dismissal from the position you held.
If you don’t believe the reason for your dismissal falls into one of these categories, then you may be eligible to bring an unfair dismissal claim. It’s important to note, even if your employer can prove one of the reasons above, they must follow a fair procedure when dismissing you. If they don’t, you could still be eligible to bring a claim.
Our team of unfair dismissal lawyers can help you by advising whether you are able to bring a claim for unfair dismissal and, if not, what other claims you may have against your employer. As soon as you instruct us, we will manage your claim efficiently to ensure that deadlines are met, and we will keep you up to date at every stage of the process.
What happens if it’s proved that I’ve been unfairly dismissed?
If you are successful in bringing a claim, you might have the option of being reinstated or re-engaged and/or receiving compensation. We’ll discuss these options with you, so you’re clear about the implications and you have the knowledge you need to make the best choice for you.
Our unlawful dismissal lawyers are based across our offices in Southampton, Guildford, London, Richmond, Lymington and Woking and we offer specialist employment law support to clients across the country.