Commercial rural property

Explore how we can help businesses with their legal requirements around property and land.

Contact our team

Making it an easier process to buy and sell your rural property

  • A team of rural property experts who are country people themselves and thus understand the intricacies of handling rural property transactions.
  • We’ll use our years of experience handling the sale and purchase of rural properties to make your transaction proceed smoothly and swiftly.

What is rural property law?

Rural property law refers to the legal regulations and rules that govern the ownership, use, and transfer of land and other properties in rural areas. It covers issues such as zoning, land use, property rights, and environmental regulations.

Sarah Jordan

Sarah Jordan

Partner | Real estate, Landed estates and farming

023 8071 8082

How Moore Barlow can help

No property is ever the same. We are committed to ensuring you have the best and most experienced team in place to give you peace of mind and is personal service that goes beyond your expectations.

As expert rural and property advisers, we can guide you on all legal aspects of owning and managing land in the countryside. This includes an intimate understanding of farm, land and estate transactions. We can advise on Farm Business Tenancies (FBT’s); Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies (AHAs); business tenancies; first registrations with the Land Registry of unregistered land; preparation of ownership title bibles; ratification of title issues, and the myriad of property issues you may face.

As well as being specialists in their field, our team of advisers are country people themselves. We can assist you and your other professional advisers in reviewing how your estate or farm can evolve in a positive way, whilst fully appreciating it is your home and your family’s way of life.

If opportunities for diversifying your business arise, we can support you to make informed with decisions as to whether those opportunities fit with your future business plans.

Contact us

We have offices in Southampton, London, Woking, Richmond, Lymington and Guildford. We offer specialist support on a local and national level.

We are here to help

Discover how our expert rural lawyers can help you.

Contact our property and land team

Our rural legal services for individuals and families

Explore how we can help you and your family

On top of our robust legal service offering for businesses, we also have vast experience working with individuals and their families.

Whether you are looking for advice on transactions covering your rural property or farm, the management of sporting activities, agricultural tenancies, estate planning or partnership and farming structures, you will want to engage professionals with a specialist understanding of rural life. That’s where Moore Barlow can help.

Explore how we can help you and your family

Our team accreditations

Don’t take our word for it…