Top 100 UK law firm Moore Barlow has gained widespread recognition in Chambers & Partner UK 2021 rankings, one of the UK’s leading guides to the top lawyers and law firms.
This is the first time Moore Barlow has featured in the directory since the merger between Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins in May 2020. The combination of both legacy firm’s strengths has resulted in Moore Barlow receiving recognition for 13 practices, all ranked in the top three bands, with 33 individually ‘Ranked Lawyers’, and a total of 41 lawyers recommended overall.
The firm’s Southampton-based Rural services team has been awarded the top Band 1 ranking, with Managing Partner Ed Whittington acknowledged as an Eminent Practitioner for Agricultural and Rural Law. In addition, Moore Barlow’s highly renowned Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence teams are ranked as Band 1 for their claimant work across Southampton and Guildford & surrounds, along with nine ‘Ranked Lawyers’, reflecting the team’s depth and strength.
Moore Barlow has also been recognised amongst national firms for its work in the Education sector, with the team ranked as Band 2 and Partner Ben Collingwood being newly included as a ‘Ranked Lawyer’ alongside Joanna Lada-Walicki.
Chambers also distinguished two Moore Barlow partners – Daisy Waldren (Real Estate) and Rebecca Chaplin (Restructuring & Insolvency) – as “Up and Coming” individuals and recognised the important work of the firm’s junior team with five Moore Barlow associates listed as “Associates to watch” including Eman Hassan (Personal Injury), Victoria Jones (Clinical Negligence), Rebecca Langmead (Agricultural and Rural Affairs), Adam McRae-Taylor (Education) and Sarah French (Family).
The fact that so many of our team have been individually recognised as leading practitioners in their field is a testament to the quality of our people, and their dedication and commitment to providing outstanding expertise, support and advice to our clients across our key focus areas. Even amidst the challenges of Covid-19, it is extremely gratifying to celebrate the hard work, dedication and progression of so many individuals within the Moore Barlow team.Ed Whittington, managing partner of Moore Barlow
The firm’s full results are as follows:
- Agriculture & Rural affairs – Southampton
- Clinical Negligence: Claimant – Guildford & surrounds
- Clinical Negligence: Claimant – Southampton
- Personal Injury: Claimant – Guildford & surrounds
- Personal Injury: Claimant – Southampton
- Corporate M&A: Lower Mid-Market – The South
- Education – UK Wide
- Family – Guildford & surrounds
- Family – Southampton
- Professional Negligence – The South
- Restructuring and Insolvency – The South
- Employment – The South
- Information Technology – The South
- Litigation – The South
- Real Estate – The South
- Real Estate Litigation – The South
- Ed Whittington (Agricultural and Rural Affairs – Southampton)
Up and Coming partners
- Daisy Waldren (Real Estate – The South)
- Rebecca Chaplin (Restructuring & Insolvency – The South)
Associates to watch
- Adam McRae-Taylor (Education – UK Wide)
- Eman Hassan (Personal Injury: Claimant – Guildford & surrounds)
- Victoria Jones (Clinical Negligence: Claimant – Guildford & surrounds)
- Sarah French (Family – Southampton)
- Rebecca Langmead (Agriculture & Rural Affairs – Southampton)
To view the firm’s full rankings, including all ranked Moore Barlow lawyers, please go to Chambers and Partners Moore Barlow LLP.