Legal advice from a specialist team can help resolve disputes quickly, minimising any disruption to your business.
If you have a dispute concerning property or land, then strategic advice at the earliest stage can help you resolve issues in the most cost-effective way.
Whether you are a commercial landlord, developer, lender, commercial tenant, private individual or landowner, disputes can be costly both in terms of time and money.
Seeking pragmatic and strategic advice as soon as issues arise can help you find practical and cost-effective solutions.
Having worked with some of the UK’s largest housebuilders and developers, we are highly experienced in dealing with all forms of dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and formal court litigation.
We can support you with:
Commercial landlord and tenant issues
- Commercial landlord and tenant issues
- Commercial lease renewal proceedings
- Forfeiture proceedings
- Break notices
- Dilapidation claims
- Service charge disputes
- Rent review
- Possession claims including removing trespassers
Issues relating to development and use of land
- Easement/rights of way disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Nuisance claims
- Party wall disputes
- Construction and building contract disputes
- Development disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Boundary disputes
Why Moore Barlow?
Working collaboratively with our commercial disputes and transactional real estate colleagues, we draw on a breadth of experience and expertise to provide you with a service of the highest quality.
We have considerable experience advising commercial landlords, developers, lenders, commercial tenants, private individuals and landowners.
Our approach focusses on providing advice at an early stage to help you reach a cost-effective solution as quickly as possible.
If you are a landlord looking for a specialist team to help secure possession of a property from a problematic tenant, please contact our residential repossession team.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising property investment company in defended lease renewal proceedings against major retailer relying on redevelopment grounds.
- Advising national housing developer on how to deal with restrictive covenants to unlock development potential of land.
- Representing an employer under a building contract in an adjudication against a main contractor in relation to a multi-million pound refurbishment project.
- Defending a claim for acquisition of rights of way over privately-owned land.
- Acting for a landlord seeking possession of a telecommunications site under the electronic communications code.
- Representing a landlord of mixed use flats against a neighbouring developer in claim for trespass and nuisance.