As the worlds of business and technology continue to collide, spurred on by all the developments due to COVID-19, Moore Barlow’s Commercial & Technology law team held webinar to cover important recent legal developments affecting artificial intelligence and machine learning, explaining how these are likely to impact your business now and in future. The team look at the latest IP case law and the wide-reaching reforms of the Intellectual Property Office work practices that will affect all IP applicants and owners.
- Key issues when drafting contracts for supply / purchase of AI / machine learning systems
- Managing legal risk when deploying AI or machine learning technologies
- Regulation, transparency explainability and accountability of AI and automated decision-making systems
- IP and its impact on AI
- Case law on IP rights and homeworking during COVID-19 and other new IP decisions
- The “OneIPO” transformation programme
Date: Thursday 8 July 2021
- Dorothy Agnew, Partner at Moore Barlow who specialises in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Intellectual Property, Data Protection & Privacy
- Laurie Heizler, Of Counsel and a solicitor with over 20 years of experience of intellectual property, data protection & commercial agreements
The presentations were followed by a Q&A session.
Our webinar is of most interest to company directors, investors & entrepreneurs, in-house legal counsel, contract/procurement managers, IP managers/professionals and business consultants & advisers.