- Location: Southampton or Guildford
- Deadline: 29/10/2021
About the role
This is a new role within our Operations team, so it offers fantastic long term career prospects given you’ll be in an original role with an opportunity to make your mark and stand out. The role can be based in Southampton or Guildford, but also with some remote working as we are now working with a hybrid working model.
You will be playing a pivotal role in a newly formed Project Management Team (PMO) as a Project Management expert. You will assist, and lead, in parts of the planning and execution of the annual change Programme and importantly develop, support and embed the chosen Project Management methodology as part of the firm’s Business as usual.
You must have experience of managing a firm wide Practise Management System (PMS) roll out or have had a significant involvement in managing or being involved with PMS migrations.
Maybe you have worked in another law firm, or you’ve worked in a Practice environment, such an Accountancy firm, Consultancy or Real Estate Partnership firm; but the key element is that you have worked with a Practise Management System roll out. Maybe you are contracting and looking for a permanent role? If you have legal technology expertise then that would be highly desirable, but not essential.
We are offering flexible working in terms of home and office, but we’d need you to be able to comfortably travel to Southampton or Guildford to be with the team on certain occasions.
Why should you apply?
It’s an incredible opportunity as it’s a blank slate to build out from within a newly merged firm.
For anyone who is wanting to make their mark in a new role as part of our wider Transformation Programme, but know they are working in a Firm that values them as a person and has installed “Human-Centric” Values, then this could be the job for you.
The Project Management team is a great team to be a part of as they work hard but are fun personalities and provide a lot of influence across the firm.
Our culture is open, diverse, and inclusive; it’s an environment of belonging, where people can thrive and be the best version of themselves. We strive to nurture our people and offer enjoyable, fulfilling, and sustainable careers. This includes providing the best training, great pay and rewards, and more control over work life balance.
We’ve also won awards! Named as one of the top 200 law firms in the UK in The Times Best Law Firms 2021 list, we have also been widely recognised in Legal 500 UK 2021, the UKs leading guide to law firms, as 8 of our practise areas have been ranked Top Tier.
Key tasks will include:
The key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to those outlined below.
- Working with the Programme Board and Project Leaders to plan and execute projects within the annual change Programme.
- Support the design and implementation of a standard project management toolkit to support the efficient running and delivery of projects within the portfolio
- Advocate, monitor and coach on the use of the standard project management toolkit, ensuring tools and process remain fit for purpose
- Provide structured program updates to defined stakeholder groups highlighting portfolio and program performance and risk / opportunity
- Provide challenge to the Programme teams in the pursuit of programme delivery
- Capture actions raised and decisions agreed from formal reviews and track completion
- Holding project owners to account on project realisation and able to report on business value add of transformation and project activity
What we look for:
- Experience of managing a firm wide PMS (Practise Management Systems) roll out, or involvement in managing PMS migrations – MUST OR significant involvement in PMS migrations
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel and project management tools
- Project Management – Qualified in several Project Management delivery methodologies; however, it is not essential to have knowledge of any a particular Project Management tool as we are building out our foundations within project management
- Demonstrated analytical skills; business trend analysis and forecasting
- Ability to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross functional teams across geographies and business divisions
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- A proven track record of setting and exceeding aggressive goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgment
- A high level of business acumen, including successful Profit & Loss management
- The ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends, develop product roadmaps, and deliver on those plans
- A sound understanding of the people side of change management; with proven experience of helping build change leadership capability
- The ability to communicate vision and drive various constituencies to execution and work seamlessly with both technical and business teams
Desirable Legal Technology Experience
- Previous legal technology project management experience within a consultancy, professional services firm and/or legal practice
- Experience managing large projects across a legal enterprise
- Experience of how to manage internal and external resource for large Legal IT projects
- Understanding of Legal and Legal finance constraints for managing IT projects
- Knowledge of common Legal Technology stacks used across Case Management, Practise Management and Document Management
- Experience of managing risk with data migration and data cleansing projects
- Experience of managing projects that require configuring “Line of Business” applications to implement processes
- Knowledge of TOGAF and ITIL frameworks
How to apply
Interested in a career at Moore Barlow? Please send your CV and cover letter to the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage a diverse workforce and ask that all prospective candidates complete our diversity questionnaire. Please submit this along with their CV and cover letter.
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees and prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.