Further furlough and more self-employment grants

As announced in the Budget, the furlough scheme will be extended until September, with the Government continuing to pay 80% of furloughed workers’ wages until June. Thereafter, employers will be expected to contribute towards furloughed workers’ pay.

From July, employers will be expected to pay 10%, increasing to 20% in August and September, with the Government making up the remainder – keeping furloughed pay at 80%.

Self-employed people will receive a fourth grant under the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme. Covering February to April 2021, this grant will cover 80% of three months trading, up to £7,500. A fifth grant will cover May to September 2021.

If you have any questions, our employment law team are able to assist you.


Share