We are delighted that our popular FBO Forum can return in person this Autumn to discuss and give guidance on important and complex issues within the faith-based organisations sector.
- Date: Monday 21 November 2022
- Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
- Venue: Carlton Club, 69 St James’s St, St. James’s, London SW1A 1PJ
About the event:
A significant number of recent Charity Commission inquiries have highlighted that good governance remains a particular challenge for faith-based organisations.
Common issues include:
- the tension between spiritual authority and trustees’ legal authority,
- using assets in the best interests of the charity’s objectives
- managing conflicts of interest.
Helen Harvie and George Shepherd from our charities team will give practical insight on best practice in handling governance matters as well as recent developments, including the Charities Act 2022.
There will be plenty of time for questions and the seminar will be followed by drinks and canapés. This event is aimed at faith-based organisations.