Guiding you and your organisation through COVID-19 recovery
As the UK emerges from lockdown restrictions, business owners, investors, leaders and managers face a set of new challenges to ensure economic survival. As everyone searches for opportunities, insight, certainty in our shifting environment, we are here to help guide you and choose the right path through regulatory change and risk management.
Your business may be still facing a number of different legal issues to deliver ‘business as usual’ – including the impact of COVID-19 on employees and staff, your business contracts and arrangements, your buildings and premises, increased bad debt and commercial disputes, and insolvency issues. You may also be struggling to take advantage of existing and new corporate opportunities.
With so many questions around returning to work, not to mention the changing nature of the workplace itself, our expert solicitors are here to provide guidance on how to navigate the uncertainty ahead.
We can keep you up to date with legal changes that may affect you, your staff, colleagues or family, from employment rights and financial support to property leasing, debt financing, settling contractual disputes or revisiting your contracts.
Moore Barlow is open for business and our lawyers can be contacted for any legal advice, support or guidance you may need with any business or private matters. For more details please see here.
Latest news & legal updates:
- Back to school after lockdown 3 – Q&A
- Furlough scheme extended until September 2021
- Clarification on who can be furloughed
- Debt recovery update: enforcement of debts via High Court Enforcement Officers
- Travel abroad and compulsory quarantine – How do employers manage this?
- New support for directors: Corporate and Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- Making your workplace Covid-19 secure
- Bracing your company for redundancies
We are continuing our series of webinars looking at current business challenges and options you may be facing. Please see below for more details:
- Guiding charities through meeting protocols and how to efficiently conduct business
Thursday 22 April 2021
In this webinar we look at the processes charities should follow to make valid decisions, and how those meetings and decisions should be documented.
Led by Gordon Reid and Helen Harvie.
- Looking back going forward: an employment law update
- Dealing with Charity Property – an overview of the requirements of the Charities Act and how to comply with them
- Duties and responsibilities of charity trustees’ – what does good governance look like?
- Strategic Planning for 2021 – how should charities approach restructures and redundancies?
- Beware the automatic unfair dismissal
- Independent schools – Strategic planning for the challenges of 2021
See more of our previous webinars here.
Podcasts & videos:
- The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 – What it means for shareholders?
- Coronavirus: Bringing your employees back to work
Event date: 22.04.2021
Webinar: Dealing with Charity Property – an overview of the requirements of the Charities Act and how to comply with them