Guiding you and your organisation through COVID-19 recovery
As the UK emerges from lockdown restrictions, business owners, investors, leaders and managers face a set of new challenges to ensure economic survival. As everyone searches for opportunities, insight, certainty in our shifting environment, we are here to help guide you and choose the right path through regulatory change and risk management.
Your business may be still facing a number of different legal issues to deliver ‘business as usual’ – including the impact of COVID-19 on employees and staff, your business contracts and arrangements, your buildings and premises, increased bad debt and commercial disputes, and insolvency issues. You may also be struggling to take advantage of existing and new corporate opportunities.
With so many questions around returning to work, not to mention the changing nature of the workplace itself, our expert solicitors are here to provide guidance on how to navigate the uncertainty ahead.
We can keep you up to date with legal changes that may affect you, your staff, colleagues or family, from employment rights and financial support to property leasing, debt financing, settling contractual disputes or revisiting your contracts.
Latest news & updates:
- Furlough scheme extended to the end of April 2021
- Reminder – Time limits for furlough claims from 1 November
- Notice pay for furloughed employees
- Extended Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Guidance released
- Government support for jobs and the self-employed is extended into 2021
- Debt recovery update: enforcement of debts via High Court Enforcement Officers
- Travel abroad and compulsory quarantine – How do employers manage this?
- New support for directors: Corporate and Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- Chancellor unveils coronavirus recovery plan to save jobs
- Making your workplace Covid-19 secure
- Bracing your company for redundancies
- Updated COVID-19 toolkit for independent schools
- Keeping children safe in education – new changes for September
We are continuing our series of webinars looking at current business challenges and options you may be facing. Please see below for more details:
- Beware the automatic unfair dismissal
Tuesday 19 January 2021
Our employment lawyers will discuss how employers could open themselves up to a risk of an allegation of automatic unfair dismissal – a claim that can be pursued from day one of employment.
Led by Katherine Maxwell, Michelle Tudor and Josie Beales.
- Strategic Planning for 2021 – how should charities approach restructures and redundancies?
Thursday 21 January 2021
Given the unprecedented financial challenges of 2020 and the impending end of the extended furlough scheme, many charities are actively restructuring and considering redundancy consultations.
Led by Adam McRae-Taylor and Olivia Stanton.
- Duties and responsibilities of charity trustees’ – what does good governance look like?
Thursday 25 February 2021
In this webinar our Charities Team will unpack charity law and practice with a view to helping trustees deliver good governance for their charity.
Led by Gordon Reid, Helen Harvie and George Shepherd.
- Dealing with Charity Property – an overview of the requirements of the Charities Act and how to comply with them
Thursday 25 March 2021
In this webinar, our Charities Team at Moore Barlow will explain the requirements and how charity trustees and those dealing with charity property can comply with them.
Led by Gordon Reid and George Shepherd.
- Guiding charities through meeting protocols and how to efficiently conduct business
Thursday 22 April 2021
In this webinar we look at the processes charities should follow to make valid decisions, and how those meetings and decisions should be documented.
Led by Gordon Reid and Helen Harvie.
- Independent schools – Strategic planning for the challenges of 2021
- As the furlough scheme draws to an end, what are your workplace options?
- New corporate insolvency rules – What are the risks and opportunities?
- Legal masterclass – Investing in distressed businesses
- The ongoing challenge of bringing staff back to the workplace
- Contracts and Insurance Dispute Management during Covid-19
- How can debt recovery improve cash flow during the coronavirus pandemic?
- To return to work – or not: The challenges of coronavirus and how employers manage returning to work
Podcasts & videos:
- The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 – What it means for shareholders?
- Coronavirus: Bringing your employees back to work
Event date: 22.04.2021
Webinar: Dealing with Charity Property – an overview of the requirements of the Charities Act and how to comply with them
Event date: 25.03.2021
Event date: 25.02.2021
Event date: 21.01.2021
Event date: 19.01.2021