- Location: Woking or Southampton
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a People Proposition Assistant to join our high performing professional People team. The is a permanent role.
The primary function of this role is to support the delivery of our people offering and operations in the maintenance of the people system Cascade and all administrative day to day and cyclical processes.
The People team are based between our Southampton, Guildford and Woking offices and this role will be based in either our Southampton or Woking office, working alongside a team of three People Proposition Assistants and reporting to the Senior People Proposition Manager.
We are committed to providing excellent service to our clients and are looking for someone who shares this passion.
Key tasks of the role may include:
- To ensure the quality, accuracy and integrity of people data
- All data input, including payroll and processing and maintenance of the people system Cascade, as well as being first point of contact for self-service queries
- Looking for innovative ways to enable self-service and maximise our people system Cascade’s capabilities (e.g. working with the Senior People Proposition Manager to create new workflows that streamline processes, identifying quick wins to improve client service)
- Working closely with the Finance team to process payroll, ensuring all people and pay related instructions are provided by the monthly payroll cut-off date
- To prepare all people documentation for example, new starter packs, contract variation and leaver letters
- Ensure all right to work checks are compliant and necessary new joiner processes are conducted
- Liaise with relevant People Partnering team, business support teams and line managers to begin coordination of Induction Programmes for all new joiners
- All administration regarding joiners/leavers to relevant benefit schemes, including the pension administration
- Recording, monitoring and reporting absence trends flagging to Senior People Proposition Manager and People Partnering team for early intervention
- Prepare and issue monthly People Changes information to the business support teams
- Provide monthly reporting of MI and useful data such as attrition, successful completion of probationary etc. where necessary using the people system Cascade for query and report building
- Manage training requests and course bookings
- Maintain people related pages on the Intranet as required
- Act as first point of contact for all people queries and ensure the People Support and Training mailbox is monitored and responded to daily
- To contribute and support the Senior People Proposition Manager and other members of the People team with people programmes and projects in line with the team’s objectives and priorities
- Provide administrative support to the People Partnering team on people relations cases where required
- Provide assistance and advice on policies and procedures whilst contributing to the continuous improvement of people systems and practices
- Play a key role in people proposition projects, as appropriate
What we look for:
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong Excel and analytical skills essential
- Analytical mind-set with experience of using a variety of HR systems, use of Cascade HR system preferred
- Experience of payroll processing essential
- Understanding of people policies and processes and employment legislation
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent client service delivery
- Excellent word processing skills and experience of producing mail merges
- Can-do, solutions-focused attitude spotting areas for improvement and acting upon them
- Understand the need for and importance of confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills by communicating in a clear, polite and calm manner to all people
- The ability to work in a fast-paced busy environment and to be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- To support the effectiveness of the team by being positive and co-operative with all team members
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Be practically minded
- To take initiative for self-development and accept changes and new challenges required to meet individual and team objectives
How to apply
Interested in a career at Moore Barlow? Please send your CV and cover letter to the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees and prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Who we are
Moore Barlow is an industry celebrated law firm committed to delivering the highest standard of legal advice for our clients. We are a progressive, people-orientated law firm that look at the bigger picture and understand the immediate need is part of a complex whole. With over 450 dedicated professionals, including 70 partners and 272 lawyers, we strive to bring original solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges, transforming unique circumstances into opportunity.
We are proud of our rich and evolving history. For over 200 years we have built up an incredible knowledge base with the focus to ‘Make life better’ for our people, our clients and our communities. We work to continuously nurture our relationships, provide a listening ear, and develop a supportive and transparent network to deliver value for our clients in times of uncertainty and unprecedented change.
A true partner, we focus on delivering exceptional services for three specific groups of people: Individuals and Families, Entrepreneurial Businesses & Organisations, and Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. We offer a carefully considered and personalised approach to each client, working together to navigate through the unknown and find the best way through to a better future.
Working at Moore Barlow
Working at Moore Barlow means joining a diverse team of professionals dedicated to providing exceptional service for our clients. We understand that in order to best serve our clients, we must attract, retain and develop the best talent.
We believe investing in our people and the value they bring, is an investment in our clients and the value we deliver. Our culture is open, diverse and inclusive; it’s an environment of belonging, where people can thrive and be the best version of themselves. We strive to nurture our people and offer enjoyable, fulfilling and sustainable careers. This includes providing the best training, great pay and rewards, and more control over work life balance.
We are inspired by people who want to make a meaningful difference. As an employee, it’s important to understand the strategic direction of the firm, and your role in helping to achieve it. We encourage our people to be open about their ideas and views and to tell us what they think. Everyone at Moore Barlow has a part to play in our success.